this is not related to any settings... And this is not normal - the Files of type
drop down shall be always visible (as Encoding dropdown). I see such problem first time and I assume that it is somehow related to your system settings.
The File Open/Save dialog, is a system dialog which is extended by HippoEDIT with Encoding
drop down and Favorites
button on toolbar. The rest is coming from the operating system. Inclusive File Type dropdown with file filters.
We need to find a way to reproduce it, otherwise, it would be difficult to solve. Or suggest something.
- Do you have some tools that extend/hook file open dialogs? Maybe it conflicts with HippoEDIT extension of the dialog?
- After the problem is back is it solved after application restart?
- Is it happens with any new/existing file? Or for some specific syntax? How it behaves with an empty Plain Text document?
- Have you installed/modified specific syntax schema? Or modified file extensions (file mask) for some syntax? Is it works on your machine, with a clean installation?
- Are dropdowns shown after you resize the dialog?
We need to find a system
P.S.: I have seen you have also sent a bug report mail, but I am answering you here - this may help to other users if they got the same problem.