Code Browser

Started by Tomas, April 11, 2009, 07:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomas

It's called Code Browser in Komodo IDE, might be available under different name in other IDE's.

Basically a place where you see a list of functions, variables modules and classes in currently active file.

Is it possible that something like that might become available in HippoEdit one day?

Tomas

Now I see there is the hierarchy bar, which is close.

alex

Hello Thomas,

the thing you are looking for called Navigation Bar in HippoEDIT.
Hierarchy Bar allows you only navigation in functions (scopes) in hierarchy. It is mostly used for languages where hierarchy deepness can be very big. For example in HTML.
Navigation Bar can be used mostly in any syntax. It depends (configured) on labels definitions from syntax schema. If it was not shown for some syntax, probably labels are not defined for it (I have not enough time to add them in all schemas). In this case you can add them by yourself and share it :) And I would update installation.

It is also planned a Function list in form of tree as one of side panels, but this would come in new versions onf HippoEDIT.

Best regards,
Alex.
HippoEDIT team
[url="http://www.hippoedit.com/"]http://www.hippoedit.com/[/url]

Tomas

Thank you Alex, I found it, just used wrong name for it :).

Function list would be great, one day.

I already tried to do the labels for Ruby but failed, I think I have to learn Regex first :).
Once I'll get there, I'll definitely share any changes.

Stefan

Quote from: Tomas on April 15, 2009, 02:24:26 AM
I already tried to do the labels for Ruby but failed, I think I have to learn Regex first :).

If you have any questions... just ask ;-)
I am also interested into learning more about syntax scheme interns. 
And i think Alex would take the change to update his Syntax-FAQ if any specific question appear.
Stefan, HippoEDIT beta tester 
HippoEDIT - the editor programmers wants to code thyself when they are dreaming.        -Don't just edit. HippoEDIT!-