Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Linked browser
Last post by oblivion - October 15, 2022, 09:29:20 AM
Hi :>

Is there a way to make HippoEDIT use the default browser on the occasions it wants to open a webpage externally, instead of invoking IE -- which is now out of support?

I'd also like to say that it remains my favourite text editor, even though development seems to have slowed a bit...
General Discussion / Re: Task Bar behavior
Last post by alex - June 08, 2021, 10:38:40 PM
Hi mwb1100,

Yes, this is also can be changed using XML flags.
This one will help.

BR, Alex
General Discussion / Re: Can "Active Commands" popu...
Last post by alex - June 08, 2021, 10:35:47 PM
Hi mwb1100,

Yes, you can control this behavior with XML flags.
Check this wiki for details.

BR, Alex
General Discussion / Can "Active Commands" popup be...
Last post by mwb1100 - June 07, 2021, 12:06:51 AM
When ever you hold down Ctrl or Shift (or both) for more than 3 seconds or so without pressing another key an "Active Commands" dialog box pops up.  I those popups very intrusive. 

Is there any way to disable that behavior?  I can't find anything in "Tools/Oprions...".
General Discussion / Task Bar behavior
Last post by mwb1100 - June 07, 2021, 12:01:42 AM
When you hover over HippoEDIT's taskbar icon it displays thumbnails of each opened document.  I would prefer that it display a single thumbnail image (or one per instance open if you have "Allow multiple instances" enabled).  Calling up a running instance of HE from the taskbar should just open the window with whatever tab was active when HE was minimized or otherwise made the non-focused application.

Is there some setting that will do that?
General Discussion / Re: Changing Project Panel's B...
Last post by alex - August 19, 2020, 01:09:24 AM
Hi June,

there is no explicit way to change the color of tool windows - it is always Windows colors. E.g the same color like, in other programs. As, for example, Windows Explorer.
But it shall react to changing of Windows theme. If you switch to the black theme in Windows, and in this theme default color for tree windows will be black, it shall be the same in HippoEDIT.

BR, Alex.
General Discussion / Changing Project Panel's Backg...
Last post by junrall - August 13, 2020, 06:38:32 AM
Hello,

Is there any way to change the project panel colors? I'd like to change the background to black.
I'd like to do the same with the file explorer panel.

Thanks in advance!

~June~
Beta Version Test (major 2.X) / Re: PDF is opened as plain tex...
Last post by alex - July 23, 2020, 01:14:30 AM
Thank goodness!  ;)
Last post by MIRKOSOFT - July 22, 2020, 02:22:05 AM
I'm sorry for replying now, so later.
I did installation of PDF-X Change Viewer and now all works correctly - HippoEdit, previews and thumbnails in Explorer.

Thank you for helping me.

Miro
Last post by alex - July 20, 2020, 02:52:08 PM
Hi Miro,

If it does not work in Windows Explorer, then you did not get it registered properly and so, the reviewer can not be found by Explorer itself and other consumers too.
The only way I see, to do the full installation. You can also try some registry snapshot tool, which can record registry deltas before and after installation and use this snapshot file for further registrations.

But that is not related to HippoEDIT.

BR, Alex